Friday, December 23, 2011

Why Pray to Anyone Else?

God declares:

Hosea 13:4  Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Mary declares:

Luke 1:47  And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

The angel declares:


Luke 2:11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And remember what Jesus himself taught us about how to pray:

Luke 11:2  And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, ...

So, my dear friends, why entreat Mary to save you?

Why utter this kind of prayer?  "O Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may ever invoke thy most powerful name, which is the safeguard of the living and the salvation of the dying."

Why refer to her by the title, "Salvation of the Roman People" as did John Paul II?

Turn from this idolatry and serve God alone.

As Jesus rebuked Satan:

Matthew 4:10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Your service to Mary is an offense to God.  What better time to turn from Mary to Her Son than when men around the world are remembering Jesus birth?

-TurretinFan

1 comment:

lozeerose said...

TF, just wanted to let you in on a reply I posted on my site: http://wp.me/p1TQK8-b

Your question is valid but you presume far too much concerning the Mary and the Church.

Merry Christmas!